Registrations Open | Margaret River region:
Pop-Up Same Sex Wedding Festival
Wednesday 14 February 2018
It’s a celebration of YES and equal rights in Australia. Now you can get married in this pop-up wedding day celebrating LOVE, and the amendment to the Marriage Act allowing same sex couples to marry.
I’m Anita Revel (Celebrant), and I’ve created this day for same sex couples wishing to marry in a simple, uplifting and beautiful way, in the Margaret River region.
Weddings will happen on-the-hour every hour on Valentine’s Day 2018.
In a pop-up wedding first, you get LOTS of choice! You can choose
- your ceremony time,
- your ceremony style (legals only or full package inclusions)
- your Celebrant,
- your ceremony location,
- your photographer,
- your own music, and
- lots of optional extras!
Simply choose your preferred time-slot, register your interest via the form below, and I will forward all the paperwork you’ll need to solemnise your union.
(PS Once this festival is done, I shall revert to calling it what I’ve always called the legal union between two people in love: MARRIAGE. But for this occasion, this festival is designed to celebrate a turning point in Australia’s history and the celebration of a hard-fought battle by same sex couples and their families and supporters.)
This Pop Up Same Sex Wedding Festival is the chance for couples to marry in a simple ceremony (tailored to suit your personalities), in a private forest location in the Margaret River Region. All the details are managed for you, so all you have to do is rock UP, look fabulous, and say yes!
INCLUDED in the pop up same sex wedding festival in the Margaret River Region: $1450
- Choice of Celebrant: For the first time, Celebrants from around the south west have united to offer their services in the same place at the same time — lucky you, get to choose which one you’d like to solemnise your vows;
- Choice of ceremony location: Choice of two ceremony locations — in the forest, or under an epic tree…
- Venue License: I have booked the venue on your behalf — no extra paperwork required. A map to the secret ceremony location will be provided on booking;
- Choice of Photographer: You can choose between TWO professional photographers to shoot your candid moments as well as your official wedding photos — this gives you extra time to get a wider range of wedding photos than a standard pop-up wedding package;
- Styling: The setting I’ve chosen is already a “Nature’s Cathedral” in a private forest — utterly magical — and will be adorned with rainbow bunting;
- Mic and amp: Wanna walk down the aisle to music? Bring your playlist on an iPod or iPhone and we’re good to go!
- Guests: Up to 20 guests are welcome, but we are flexible;
- Witnesses if you don’t have your own;
- Maps/Recommendations: to the countless choices for reception lunches at 5-star wineries and eateries nearby.
Legals-Only Ceremony $695
Want the simplest of simple ceremonies, Registry Office style? You got it. You’ll still get all of the above, (without the photographer or guests) in a beautiful setting, with a Celebrant that cares.
Choice of Celebrant
Choice of Ceremony Location
Choice Of Photographer
Kelly Harwood — Kelly’s style is creative, candid, fun and relaxed, capturing beautiful images and telling a story of the day as it unfolds. She takes great pride in her work and uses the latest professional digital cameras and editing equipment, so you will receive an exceptional end product. For this special pop up wedding, you will get your retouched, high-resolution photographs on USB with no hidden costs, or printing restrictions.
Paul Donegan — Paul is an accredited member of the Australian Institute of Professional Photography who creates images that show exquisite attention to detail, perspective and style. His work takes in the landscape and the natural beauty of the couple and their world. Paul will give you your retouched, high-resolution photographs on USB with no hidden costs, or printing restrictions.
- Cake / cupcakes — from Cross My Heart Kitchen. Prices start from $150 depending on your party size. Robyn can supply your cake/cupcakes in a box, so you can have your photo ‘cutting’ the cake, then box it and take it to your reception with you.
- Accommodation — Beachlands Busselton has 2-or-5 night packages in their jacuzzi bungalows or spa villas. Scroll down to view.
More offers to come…
Register your interest in the pop up same sex wedding festival, in the Margaret River Region, on a day that celebrate LOVE like no other … VALENTINES DAY 2018
Time slots available: from 11am on the hour, all day. Simply register your interest below, selecting the time o’clock slot you’d like, and I’ll contact you with “Next Steps”. (I shall update this information as bookings come in.)
|TIMESLOT||FOREST||EPIC TREE||OTHER LOCATION|
|11am||Available||Available||Call 0417 937 436 to discuss your idea of a perfect ceremony location|
Photographer: Kelly Harwood
Celebrant: Anita Revel
|Available||Call 0417 937 436 to discuss your idea of a perfect ceremony location|
|1pm||Available||Available||Call 0417 937 436 to discuss your idea of a perfect ceremony location|
|2pm||Available||Available||Call 0417 937 436 to discuss your idea of a perfect ceremony location|
|3pm||Available||Available||Call 0417 937 436 to discuss your idea of a perfect ceremony location|
|4pm||Available||Available||Call 0417 937 436 to discuss your idea of a perfect ceremony location|
|5pm||Available||Available||Call 0417 937 436 to discuss your idea of a perfect ceremony location|
Note: It is free and obligation-free to register your interest. Registrations and Payment is due no later than 14 January 2018.
Phone me on 0417 937 436 to let me talk you through your “next steps”…
I can either invoice you the entire amount (direct debit), or you can pay instantly online (credit card / PayPal)…
FAQ about this pop up same sex wedding festival
Q: Is it as simple as turning up?
A: Yes! You do need to lodge your NOIM form by 14 January at the latest, and show your Celebrant your original birth certificates and/or passports (and if either of you were married before, proof of how that marriage ended), but apart from that, yes, turn up and you shall be married!
Q: How many guests can we have?
A: The fee allows for up to 20 guests (babes in arms are welcome extras). If you want more guests, talk to us — it may be as simple as finding you a time slot with “room for movement” to give your guests time to mingle and get organised.
Q: What are the legal requirements?
A: Lodge your NOIM before 14 January 2018. Your Celebrant will advise you what else you need.
Q: Is it accessible for wheelchairs, the elderly etc?
A: Yes, but give me notice so I can make arrangements.
Q: How long does this pop-up wedding go for?
A: Each of our couples enjoy up to two hours each which is made up of ceremony and photography. You are free to roam the forest and soak up the gorgeous energy after that, or choose any of the world-class eateries, wineries or breweries in the Margaret River region to celebrate your union.
Offers by Suppliers
Accommodation — 2 nights starting from $398 at Beachlands Busselton, or 5 nights from $1045 –>