Fun! Mile High Wedding Service in Margaret River
With a mile high wedding, you can say “I do” in your private plane while flying over the spectacular Margaret River wine region of Western Australia. Marriage Celebrant Anita Revel will lead you through your nuptials before landing at a 5-star winery for your first meal together as husband and wife.
Couples wishing to tell a unique and memorable story about their wedding day may consider exchanging their vows in an aeroplane, while flying over the spectacular Margaret River region.
My husband is a pilot and proud owner of a 6-seater Beechcraft Bonanza, and I’m a Civil Marriage Celebrant who loves helping couples achieve their idea of a dream ceremony that they will remember forever.
Together we work to ensure your in-flight nuptials are as beautiful as the scenery over which you are flying.
What You’ll See
Taking off from the Margaret River Heartland airstrip, you will have time to view the gorgeous Western Australian coastline, hundreds of expansive vineyards, 5-star wineries and attractions, the forests surrounding Margaret River.
Then, when you are ready, you can exchange your vows under my guidance.
Once I pronounce you husband and wife, the pilot records the longitude and latitude position for posterity, and we crack open some local sparkling wine to celebrate.
To Make it Legal
By law you must have two witnesses for your nuptials. The pilot will act as one witness, and for the second, you can bring a friend, a photographer, or we will supply a witness for you.
If you want a bigger plane so more guests can come too, let us know and we will source a charter plane to suit your needs. Alternatively, we can re-enact your vows when we land back on the ground for the benefit of your guests.
Where you land after your nuptials is up to you, but I recommend landing at one of the region’s most beautiful (and famous) wineries. It is a beautiful place to enjoy your first meal together as husband and wife.
Basic packages are available, detailed below.
“Short’n’Sweet” mile high wedding package: $1950 includes:
- 30 minute flight for you (the couple), departing Margaret River with a qualified pilot at your command;
- The services of a Civil Marriage Celebrant to prepare your paperwork, conduct your nuptials and lodge your marriage with Births, Deaths and Marriages;
- A photographer to capture you boarding the plane as single people, exchanging vows, and some photos after landing in your first moments as a married couple (prints not included, but digital copies may be supplied at the discretion of the photographer);
- The provision of a short pre-prepared ceremony so you don’t have to think about anything but saying “I do”;
- The option to bring one guest along;
- The provision of witnesses if you don’t bring a guest; and
- A bottle of sparkles on arrival.
Terms and conditions
- Flights are dependent on suitable weather conditions; pilot, plane and Marriage Celebrant availability; and weight regulations are met (average 90kg per person);
- If flight is cancelled due to weather, you will be refunded the plane charter component of the package, less the pilot’s booking fee;
- Please make your own lunch reservation and payment directly with the winery;
- The Marriage Celebrant reserves the right to use your photo in his or her portfolio for promotional purposes (negotiable).
Make your way to 356 Miamup Rd, Cowaramup for you take off from the Margaret River Heartland airstrip.
After your allotted air time, we will land at a winery just south of Margaret River, for your meal. Staff at the winery can organise you a taxi back to your accommodation when you are ready.